Layout

Monday, September 19, 2011

Mondays

will be the death of me.
If it's not one thing, it's another. And it's frustrating sometimes. I'm not perfect. I get frustrated, confused, upset, angry, sad, hurt, and sometimes all of the above, all at once.
So and so said this. So and so did that. So and so is trying to do that. So and so isn't being nice. Etc., etc. I could list them all, but the things that people around me are doing that (granted, I'm allowing them to do) are affecting me, are petty. They are small and insignificant. I won't allow the devil to get a foothold in my heart through these things. Because if I sit here, and allow myself to seeth, grow more and more angry, or upset, or hurt, then the devil gets that part. He can use that, and make it grow. Make it bigger than it really is. Make it more important. Then, I'm focusing on those things, the things that don't matter, rather than the things that DO matter. God's wonderful and perfect things? Or Satan's dark and harmful things? It sounds like an easy choice. And yet... Our minds and hearts so often dwell on the drama, on the problems, on the troubles, on the worries.
Not today. Not now. NOW is God's time. From now on. Turn it over to Him. Get on your knees, (on your face before Him if need be) and lay it all at His feet. That means to imagine your problem, worry, etc. in a bag, and dropping it off, and walking away. He'll take care of you, and your troubles. And everytime it comes to your mind, pray about it. Give it to Him. Over and over, until you find that you are no longer burdened by it. We were not made to be pack mules. Give your troubles and worries and problems over to Him, and experience a sense of freedom in the hedge of His protection. And then, give thanks. For that fact that He is there, that He has given us another day to live, that He gives us things in our lives to make us happy, that He loves us so much, enough to send His Son to die for us. How often lately have we stopped, dropped our probelms at His feet, and looked around at all He has blessed us with? And then thanked Him for it?
Not often enough, on my part.
Lord, I thank you. I'm so grateful. More than grateful.

For storm clouds, that paint a beautiful, breath-taking picture in the sky.

For much much needed rain, however small or large the amount. Still grateful. (Also, the smell of rain. Lovely.)

For boys with big muscles, and even bigger hearts, who always try to keep everyone they know safe and happy.

For men who aren't afraid to step up and be the dads their kids need them to be, and tell their kids that they love them. (And take pictures with them.)

For sisters who STILL let you borrow their shoes. :)


For the sweetest mommas, who let you call them every single day even though they're busy, and are constantly praying for their kids, home and far away. For mommas whose hugs and kisses are medicine. For mommas who tell their kids they love them. (And take pictures with them.)

For reminders of God's promises. (And beautiful places to live and go to school.)

For animals of God's creation, sweet and loving.

For not just one, but TWO places to call home.

God, I am more than grateful. More than thankful. I'm counting all the blessings and gifts, but I know that they are truly innumerable. I love you, Lord. Keep alive the fire within me, please I beg you. Let me be a light. Break me, empty me out, build me up, fill me up, and use me.
I love you, Lord.

"Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you, and insult you, and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of God. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in Heaven." -Luke 6:22-23 <3



"Create in me a pure heart, O' God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence, or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." -Psalms 51:10-12 <3






No comments:

Post a Comment