Layout

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Courage

The definition of courage is this:
  • The state or quality of mind or spirit that enables one to face danger, fear, or vicissitudes with self-possession, confidence, and resolution; bravery.
The STATE or QUALITY of MIND or SPIRIT that ENABLES one to face... everything.

The definition of enable is this:
  • to make able; give power, means, competence, or abillity to.
God is the great enabler. He enables us to do the things we need to do, even if they're not what we want to do. HE enables us to face danger. HE enables us to face fear. HE enables us to be brave. He enables us to be full of courage. He makes us able. He gives us power. He gives us the means. He gives us the competence. He gives us the ability.

As not just a Christian, but someone who strives daily to be more Godly, I feel so full of courage sometimes. Like David facing Goliath. And yet at others so lacking, like Jonah, who ran away. Why do I feel so lacking? Because I'm cutting myself off from Him. I'm not allowing Him to fully fill me up. I'm holding back.
Why do we hold back, from the very one who created us? Are we scared? Probably.
But if we just stop. Just stop being afraid! Stop holding back, from the very one who just wants us to come to Him, just as we are, and allow Him to fill us up with His very Spirit. The enabling spirit. He will enable us. To do anything, everything. He will not only give us courage, He will fill us up with courage.

Ambrose Redmoon once said, "Courage is not the abscence of fear, but rather, the judgement that something else is more important than fear."

Isn't what God wants and desires for us so much more important than the fears that are holding us back?
NO MORE HOLDING BACK. Lord, shine Your light, shine it this way. Lord, let Your light shine through me.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” -Deuteronomy 31:6

"The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? " -Psalms 27:1

"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

"For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' So we may boldly say: 'The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?' " -Hebrews 13:5-6

"Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened." -1 Peter 3:13-14

"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men (and women) of courage; be strong." -1 Corinthians 16:13

No comments:

Post a Comment