Layout

Monday, September 12, 2011

Glorify Him

I love this song so much. My heart and mouth (though I'm sick) have been singing it all day, and will likely be singing it all week. It's a Kari Jobe song called "You Are For Me" and what I love so much about it is how she pours her heart out for the Lord. For HIS glory, not her own. So even though my throat is sore, my nose is stuffy, and it may not sound good to human ears, I'm not singing it for them. I'm singing it for Him. To glorify Him. Because He is faithful, constant, loving, true, powerful, patient, gracious, merciful, true, and wonderful, among so many more things. He fills me. He will never forsake me in my weakness. He sees me, He knows my every move. He loves for me to sing to Him (sick or not). He loves for me to glorify Him in what I do. I don't always, but I'm trying. So hard, everyday. He comes and writes upon my heart, writes and hides His word there. I love that so much. He's constantly reminding me who He is. Abba, Lord, the Most High, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, my Creator, my Savior, my First Love, the Head of the Church, the Rock, the Holy One, Alpha and Omega, the Lion and the Lamb, the Crucified One, the Sacrifice, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. With His help, it's so much easier. I've been constantly talking to Him, praying to Him. I love Him, and He loves me. Be still my heart.
He is for me.

"So faithful, so constant, so loving and so true. So powerful, in all You do. You fill me. You see me. You know my every move, and You love for me to sing to You. I know that You are for me, I know that You are for me. I know that You will never forsake me in my weakness, and I know that You have come now, even if to write upon my heart, to remind me who are You are. So patient, so gracious. So merciful and true. So wonderful in all You do. You fill me. You see me. You know my every move, and You love for me to sing to You. Lord, I know that You are for me. I know that You are for me. I know that You will never forsake me in my weakness, and, I know that You have come now, even if to write upon my heart, to remind me, Lord. I know that You are for me, I KNOW THAT YOU ARE FOR ME. I know that You will never forsake me in my weakness, and I know that You have come now, even if to write upon my heart, to remind me who You are... Lord, I know that You are for me. I know that You will never forsake me in my weakness. I know that You have come now, even if to write upon my heart, to remind me who You are."

"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." -Romans 15:5-6

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds, and glorify your Father in Heaven." -Matthew 5:14-16

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." -1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment