Layout

Monday, August 15, 2011

Thankful For Much

Giving thanks isn't just for Thanksgiving.
Giving thanks isn't just for when things are going bad.

We should give thanks to God all the time, not just once a year.
We should to give thanks to God in the good times and the bad.

"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Chrsit Jesus." - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
"These trials have come so that your faith- of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire -may result in praise, glory, and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed." - 1 Peter 1:7

I'm supposed to always be thankful.

I hurt my toe Friday. I feel like a baby for complaining, because I know there are things that hurt more. I ripped the nail off down to the cuticle, and jammed it really bad. I had to take the nail off yesterday. Ouch.
The part that really upset me was that it happened Friday, at our big back to school lock-in. I was upset that I couldn't play some of the games. 2 people accidently hit it, and it just kept hurting more and more. I had to drive 4 hours again roundtrip Saturday.It throbbed and ached TERRIBLY the whole way home. Sunday, I had to take it off myself, because I didn't trust anyone else to even touch it, and it was very painful.

I am still supposed to be thankful. Maybe there was a reason why I wasn't supposed to play. Maybe there's a reason why that happened when it did. God knows those things. I rest in that.

So, here's what I'm thankful for this Monday:
  • my other nine toes.
  • sweet mommas who know just how to bandage your toe so it doesn't cause uneccesary pain.
  • healthy babies
  • rain!!
  • swimming pools
  • pizza rolls
  • bb guns
  • back porches
  • new laptops
  • SKYPE
  • love letters
  • bibles and new journals
  • band-aids and waterproof tape
  • the wonderful feeling of getting my hair didddd.
  • footrubs
  • phone cameras
  • instagram
  • plastic tubs to pack college stuff in
  • willing hands to help pack
  • duct tape
  • countdowns (11 days till move-in!)
  • grandparents coming to town
  • Time Alone with God
  • advil and amoxicillian
  • Mommy's love
  • great church family
  • awesome true friends
  • wonderful "extended" family
  • God's sweet grace, forgiveness, and the love of Jesus to pay the price of my sins
I'm thankful for much.

No comments:

Post a Comment