Layout

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

College

One minute, you're counting down the days until you move in (10) and until class starts (12)
and the next you're scared witless to leave your hometown, and start in a new town, with new faces, and places.

I don't wanna leave my Momma. And one of my best friends is due to have her baby in 2 months!
I can come back and visit (when I can afford it) and that kinda keeps me holding on. I'm gonna try to be here for birthdays, and births, and holidays. There are alot of people that I'm going to miss, and who are gonna miss me, and that makes it a little harder and a little easier. Harder because I will be more homesick; easier because I will have people to come home and see, and catch up with, and love on.
My roommate, Jennifer, is awesome. Our schedules are all jacked up and weird, buttttt it's gonna be an awesome year. I'm really looking forward to it.

College = difficult, confusing time. Loans, books, classes, dorms, etc.
College = the next chapter. I've got a peace about this school and moving to Stephenville. Everytime I'm there a little voice whispers "home" straight into my heart. It's exciting, fun, and there's new everything - people, places, things.

But for the scary times, I've got great family, good friends, and the most gracious High King loves me. He cares over my little hurts, worries, troubles, and cares. He wants me to be at peace, and to
   TRUST IN HIM.
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." - Joshua 1:9
I read that again and again and prayed it over myself this morning. Spoke the truth of it over myself. I felt a whisper to my heart this morning. 

"Be strong and courageous, Michelle. Do not be terrified, Michelle. Do not be discouraged, Michelle. Keep your head up. Fight the good fight. Run the race, you can do it. I am with you. I am the Lord, your God, your Savior, your Abba, and I am with you, wherever you go."


No comments:

Post a Comment