Layout

Monday, August 15, 2011

Prayers

They can work miracles.
I wish there was one left for my Grandma Vicki, but it's selfishness talking.
Two years ago, she was taken to the hospital. She had a stroke. She gradually got use back of her left arm and leg.
Two weeks ago, her left arm was swelling, and they took her to the hospital. She has cancer.
Two days ago, I found out that she was moved from ICU, but was on a respirator and hooked up to machines.
Two hours ago, I found out she is in Stage 4. They gave us (guess how many) 2 weeks.

Within 12 seconds of the chemo starting, the nurses were called in. Radiation and now chemo are out of the question, her body isn't strong enough. Her body will start shutting down soon, they say.

Cancer. A six letter word. A horrible, confusing thing.
A terrible way to end a happy, full life.
I'm thankful that we've had her as long as we have.
And that she knows Jesus, 'cause my heart rejoices in that. That I will see her again.

I started to pray for God to heal her body. To take away the cancer that's taking it over, give us and her a miracle, and give us more time with her.
But then it hit me, what if that's not God's will?
I wish it was, that a miracle could/would/will happen.
But if not, then my prayers are this: That we have enough time to say goodbye. That everyone gets to tell her they love her, and that they will see her again one day. That she isn't in severe pain here in the end.

God. Abba. Father, please.
If You must have her now, if You must gather up Your child, then please do so, with as little pain as possible to her. Lord, I know it's selfish, but please give everyone time to say goodbye to her. To sit with her, tell her we love her, and hug her as much as possible. If she's going to be absent from this body, and present with you soon (in Paradise, in HEAVEN), like we know Your word says, and Your word is truth, then plese let her leave it peacefully. Gently.
Whatever Your will is, let it be done. Take this cup from her if You will, but if not, either way, let Your will be doneHold her in Your hand, Lord. Hold us all close now, please, I pray. May Your grace, love, and peace pour down on everyone.
In Your precious Son's name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment