Layout

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Silver Lining.

"Remember, no matter how dark it seems, every cloud has a silver lining."
I took this picture yesterday, on my phone, (an oldddd iPhone, sorry for the quality) as soon as I pulled up to church because I saw it. I saw this "silver lining" around this dark cloud. I didn't see how much it applied to what was going on in my life until later.
My heart's been absolutely hurting lately. The tears won't stop sometimes. I feel alone, until I'm reminded that God is there, and my family, and some friends. So, why do I still feel this hurt?
 But:
Did you ever walk up to a group or a couple of people, and KNOW that they were talking about you? Because of the hush, or whatever?
Did you ever feel sad as you walk in a room, and only a few people say hello?
Did you ever feel left out, because your friends only wanted you around sometimes, and not other times?
Did you ever feel like you've lost your friends, and had no idea what you did, but continued to apologize, because you just want that friendship back?
Did you ever apologize for something, and was greeted with not an acceptance, but a hurtful comment?
Did you ever cry yourself to sleep, because one, or all of these things happened in one day?
So:
Why do we treat our friends this way? Why do we judge, hold grudges, become selective about which friends we want around at which times, or which ones we talk to, and which ones we don't? Why do we say, "We need to pray for this person because..." and continue to gossip, rather than just leave it at that? Why do we only say hello to the people we "like" at that moment? Why do we not notice when people around us are hurting because of our actions? I know I'm not perfect. I've done some of these things. And much as the guilt hits and hurts, it hurts SO much also, to be on the other end of it.
But God is sufficient. More than sufficient. His grace is amazing. He is my rock, my shelter, my stronghold, my hiding place. He's given me my best friend to lean on and pray with, family who listens, supports, and help me, and an amazing lady, who's always ready to listen, pray, and help in any way.
Well:
 Some that helped...
  • The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. - Psalm 34:18 
  • We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair ... - 2 Corinthians 4:8 :)
  • Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. - Psalm 23:4 :)
  • The LORD Your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. - Deuteronomy 31:6
  • I will turn their mourning into joy and will comfort them and give them joy for their sorrow.  - Jeremiah 31:13
  • Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. - Matthew 11:28-30
  • Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you. - 1 Peter 5:7
And: He's amazing. I just have to keep praying. Trust that these things will work out and be okay again. That I won't lose years-long friendship over reasons unknown to me. That I can spot when I do things that hurt others, and for the Holy Spirit to testify with mine, that I may fix anything I've done wrong. That I may apologize for any wrongs I have committed against friends, and brothers and sisters in Christ. That others may come to the same realization that we shouldn't let the devil get a foothold and drive a wedge in-between our friendships. Praying for them continuously. Praying for me, too. Wisdom. The right words. The right timing.
Back to:
That picture, those problems my dark cloud right now.
The silver lining? I'm growing closer to God, as I depend on Him more and more to fill that sorrow with joy. I'm growing closer to a special lady, as I share my hurt, and receive advice, and prayers. I'm growing closer to my sister, who is younger, but has always been the one to protect me and our other sister. I'm growing. That's my silver lining. :) It's much prettier to look at than the dark cloud, but without the dark cloud, there would have been no silver lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment