Layout

Sunday, July 15, 2012

"Where are you, men of courage?"

http://youtu.be/pkM-gDcmJeM
We were made to be courageous, and we're taking back the fight.
We were made to be courageous, and it starts with us tonight.
The only way we'll ever stand, is on our knees with lifted hands.
Lord, make us courageous.
The part of that song that gets me first is the question "Where are you, men of courage?" When we look at today's society, do we see men leading their families and communities with hearts full of God, or full of themselves? It takes courage to stand up and do something different than everyone else. But, as Christians, we are called to do JUST that. And as men, you are to listen to and follow God, and then lead us. That's how God made you.
Deuteronomy 31:6 says, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you, He will never leave you or forsake you."
Men of courage, it is time. Take. Your. Stand. Take back the fight.Don't you hear God's voice whispering that in your ear?
"The only way we'll ever stand is on our knees with lifted hands." When we turn to Him, and draw our courage from His strength and His word, it helps us stand up and make the changes that need to be made. The changes that need to be made in each of us, starting from the inside out. First our hearts, and that will overflow into our thoughts, words, actions, until others see and feel the change.
Men, you are to lead. Not by "watching from the sidelines", but by being the "warriors on the frontlines", working to change the world starting from your heart, to your home, to your church, and spreading it from there.
Don't let fear keep you from your generation being the one that finally breaks through to the people. Don't let fear keep you and your family from having a better quality of life in God. Isaiah 41:3 says, "For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, 'Do not fear, I will help you.'" Grab ahold of His hand tight, allow Him to lead you, and don't let go.
Micah 6:8 is featured in this song, and has a strong message that I have always loved.
It says, "He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To seek justice, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Think seriously about what each of those things mean for a minute, just a minute. Seek justice. Love mercy. Walk humbly with the Lord. You can do that. We believe in you. Granted, it's not the easiest road. You may be ostricized, criticized, rejected, rebuffed, and so forth at first. But you can't give up, you can't give in. This can't just be a temporary change because this ISN'T something that needs a temporary fix. There's got to be a difference. It's got to be a life change.
So, where are you men of courage? Where are the men that God has called for His purpose? Take back the fight.
Don't let the devil win over the minds and hearts of the people that we should be reaching out to for Christ. Don't let the devil get a foothold in your family, in your home. (Future or present, young and old men alike!)
You were called to do so much more than just stand back and allow the devil to run this world amuck.
Where are you, men of courage? I can't wait for the day when the men of courage stand and say, "We're right here, Lord, and we're not going anywhere. Where do you want us, what would you have us do?"

Men of courage - 1 Corinthians 16:13 : "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong."

We were meant to be courageous; Lord, make us courageous. Praying that earnestly over and over recently. Lord, make us courageous.

(If you haven't seen the movie Courageous, I more than strongly recommend it. If you want to learn more about being a man of courage, check out this website, and see below the resolution they made in the movie, and that men have been taking all over the country ever since, and there's always a book where you can learn more about how to be that kind of man... A bible.
http://www.menofcourageonline.com/
"I do solemnly resolve before God to take full responsibility for myself, my wife, and my children. I WILL love them, protect them, serve them, and teach them the Word of God as the spiritual leader of my home. I WILL be faithful to my wife, to love and honor her, and be willing to lay down my life for her as Jesus Christ did for me. I WILL bless my children and teach them to love God with all of their hearts, all of their minds, and all of their strength. I WILL train them to honor authority and live responsibly. I WILL confront evil, pursue justice, and love mercy. I WILL pray for others and treat them with kindness, respect, and compassion. I WILL work diligently to provide for the needs of my family. I WILL forgive those who have wronged me and reconcile with those I have wronged. I WILL learn from my mistakes, repent of my sins, and walk with integrity as a man answerable to God. I WILL seek to honor God, be faithful to His church, obey His Word, and do His will. I WILL courageously work with the strength God provides to fulfill this resolution for the rest of my life and for His glory."

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. —Joshua 24:15.)

We were meant to be courageous; Lord, make us courageous.







No comments:

Post a Comment